Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Sunday Rambling

Another lazy Sunday has gone...Although I usually am contented with painting and reading and writing and painting again, there are times when my mind screams for something else. Today, I just wanted to get away from home for a while and do something else. Something a bit different. Something like shopping and seeing a throng of unfamiliar faces as I move amongst a milling crowd of shoppers in a popular downtown mall. But even though I had the luxury of time to do just that, my financial reserve states otherwise.


 Heck, I don't even have a financial reserve to begin with.


And so because of these sickening limitations, I was left with no other choice but to spend the rest of the time cooking spicy chicken and afterwards, doing what I've always been doing for as long as I can remember: paint. Now that my brother has returned home after finally placing a period to his once-seemingly-endless romantic drama, he has temporarily taken residence here in my crib(my mini-studio). Since Mama and I have sequestered his room and transformed mine into a storage room, he has nowhere else to stay. Anyway, how are we supposed to know that he would finally decide to leave her and return home? He just arrived one late evening and startled everyone. As I type this entry here, my brother lies asleep right behind me, snoring loudly like an old, rusty engine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment